If you like to dance in Baltimore, if you like to listen to good music, and be in a club pulsating with energy, you’ve probably been to one of her events. More than a party promoter, Heidi Klotzman is the namesake of her entertainment company HeidnSeek. Club night to promote? She’s got you. Corporate or private event? Yeah that too. And now, with the new off shoot HeidnSeek Bridal, she can help make you big day picture perfect.
Heidi is truly a Jill of All Trades, and she looks fabulous doing it all. So while you may recognize her face from The Get Down, or a local fashion show, here’s some more of what makes this Charm City Stylemaker so perfectly stylish.
How would you describe your personal style?
Chameleon. Sporty, glitzy, elegant, feminine, all business and sometimes totally punk rock. I’m not sure what comes first, the mood or the outfit.
What are 5 things currently in your closet that you can’t live without?
1) Chinese Laundry’s ‘Veracruz’, leather wedge boots in black and brown. They are comfortable, chic and match everything while keeping you warm in the winter.
2) Dad’s tour jackets. They are sentimental to me. They are from concerts he promoted, some before I was born. My favorites are the Diana Ross, Prince, Teddy Pendergrass and Martin Lawrence ones.
3) I love me some Chanel. She says many things at once. Polished. Badass. Luxury. Self-made woman. The purses are the most versatile pieces.
4) The seashell necklace my friend Mo got me at the shore.
5) All purple everything. Shoes. Coats. Jewels. Dresses. Purple just says “I’m here to enjoy life.”
What are your favorite places to shop?
Locally, I love South Moon Under**. Their clothes always make me feel like a goddess. I love Express because they have great basics and their dresses are really flattering on women with curves. I think they get the classy girl with edge look. I get lost in Aldo and Chinese Laundry for shoes. It is a problem. Janitors vacuuming. Lights out. I’m still there, not even realizing they closed. I also get a lot of mileage out of White House Black Market’s dresses.
**Heidi’s entire outfit in these photos is from South Moon Under.**
What current trend do you love and how do you wear it? What trend would you love to cool off?
I love studded bracelets and cuffs. I don’t want any bad trends to cool off. What would that do to the art of people watching?
If you won the lottery, what is one style related purchase you would make?
My purchase would be an entirely updated wardrobe for my mom and I. It’s hard times though for many people and I wouldn’t feel good about just splurging that much without a charitable component. I would probably match the amount I spent on mom and I with a donation to one of the local causes that I am passionate about.
So if you want to party with one of the best in the business, be sure to head to The Get Down on Friday September 27th, for Autumn Origins featuring DJ Impulse. Entry is free until 11pm when you say “HeidnSeek”!
Photos of Heidi by Wali Uqdah of Fotograpfy by Wali