Can you go anywhere recently with out seeing crop tops popping up? I hate to sound naive, but when did this happen?! I guess I’ve always felt like you needed a perfectly flat stomach to pull this off, but the more I’ve seen crop tops out and about (in real life and on blogs) I’m starting to think they may work for women over the age of 16.
I’m still not convinced, and I have admittedly not tried one on for myself, but I just couldn’t ignore this trend. So here are a few images that are starting to change my mind.
As you can see, my styling preference for the crop top trend leans more toward a high-waisted, full skirt and top that shows less skin, then what you might see Miley Cyrus wearing. I searched the internet and found a few crop tops I wouldn’t be mad to see hanging in my closet.
1. This Aztec print, neon bustier is certainly a statement. I love that it has a nice fitted shape, and the bright colors. I also love that it is a little longer, and therefore would lend itself to styling more like above.
2. Graphic Tees are so popular right now, so seeing one in a cropped style is no surprise. I think this would work for a more casual look, with styling more like that seen on Rihanna, etc. I think having the graphic on a basic black background helps keep it simple on such a trendy cut.
3. So this strapless option, has some metallic details that I couldn’t ignore. Paired with a basic black skater skirt, and some gold bangles, this would be cute for a night out dancing with friends.
4. I love, love, love this colorful choice from H&M. I think it would be really cute with a high-low skirt, or simple black high waisted skinny black pants. This retro palm pattern has really been catching my eye recently so I couldn’t pass this one up.
5. This black cap sleeve is reminiscent of the one pictured above. I feel like I could see this one actually making it’s way into my closet. I’m never one to turn down a black tee….or anything really, but I love this with the full midi skirt and heels. So simple, but with interest.
Do you have any crop tops? What’s your favorite way to style them? I’d love to hear (and see!) some options in the comments. I’m still a fence sitter on this trend, and need some convincing!