It’s hard to turn on E! or open an US Weekly Magazine with out seeing the Kardashians. I think it’s become even harder to “Keep Up” with the Kardashians with out seeing momager Kris in a variation of the skull scarf.
Now, if I’m being honest with you, I really can’t be mad at the scarf. If I’m being really honest with you, I want one myself. I usually choose to blame Johnny Depp and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, but I love a good skull accessory, and I have a few. Recently though, I feel like they have been everywhere. Just last week I grabbed a great sweater at Target, and I can’t wait to wear it. It seems it’s not online yet, but if I wear it this weekend, I’ll share it with you.
So here’s a quick round up of where you can find a skull for yourself, inexpensively. Because, let’s all admit that while it’s cute now, in a few weeks or a month you’ll be over it and on to the next thing.
1. Skull Tribal Cardigan– Something about cold weather just calls for a chunky sweater. And I love the idea of this cardigan with leggings and mid calf boots. Added bonus that it’s not on a black cardigan making it slightly less “edgy”.
2. House of Harlow Skull Studs– A simple stud earring is a great way to add this trend to your look. It’s small and simple, and pretty much as cute as a skull can get.
3. Skull Chief Tee– Graphic tee’s are so popular, and with good reason. They come in many price points, and this one is under $50 (like all these other items.) This would be so cute for a girls night out paired with skinny jeans, and fierce heels. It’s a look that might drive you to order a Jack & Coke.
4. House of Harlow Skull Ring– Like the earrings, this ring is another subtle way to rock the skull trend. Bonus: it’s a stack ring, so you can add it to other rings you already wear.
5. Skull Studded Loafers– OK, so maybe royal blue studded loafers aren’t subtle, but they sure are fun. As we move in to the season of white denim, I think these would be a fun way to carry the trend forward.
So tell me, would you wear any skulls? Do you have any favorites? Share a link!